Spring is coming, go outdoor and relax your tired body and busy mind. Bicycles can be a good choice. Cycling can relieve stress and improve cardiopulmonary function.
The benefits of cycling can also be seen in athletes. Some athletes often use cycling as postoperative rehabilitation. Like Jeremy Lin, NBA Houston Rockets athlete, he does cycling rehabilitation and light training after knee surgery. Improve cardiopulmonary function and maintain muscle strength.
But different sports will cause different kinds, degrees of sports injuries, and riding is no exception.
The main causes of injuries caused by cycling include insufficient warm-up, poor posture, and too long time riding, even unsuitable bicycles.
Commonly injured parts of cycling
1. Neck: When riding a bicycle, the prone riding position is mostly adopted, which makes the shoulders high. Over a long period of time, the muscles connecting the neck to the shoulders, such as the trapezius muscle, continue to contract, and finally become tight and cause pain, and even nerve inflammation.
2. Hands: Because the length of the bicycle is too long, there is too much pressure be put on the wrists, it is easy to cause inflammation of the ulnar nerve and median neuritis, which may cause numbness and tingling of the fingers and muscle atrophy.
3. Waist and hip: when we riding we have to bend the waist, after a long time riding, it is easy to move the nucleus pulposus in the intervertebral disc back and increase the pressure. In addition, the buttocks may also be strained due to poor posture or improper seat cushions.
4. Groin: If the cushion is too high, excessively reclined, stuffy and not ventilated, etc., it may cause perineal nerve compression, which will often make men have erection difficulties. If the cushion is too hard, it will also compress the prostate, causing symptoms of prostatic hypertrophy to be aggravated.
5. Knee: Inappropriate movements can also cause femoral patella syndrome, and the hip joint has been maintained in a retracted and rotated posture while riding, which can cause knee joint injuries.
6. Calf: Excessive calf exercise may cause rhabdomyolysis, Achilles tendon Achilles tendinitis, or even plantar fasciitis.
To avoid sports injuries caused by riding, in addition to maintaining the correct posture, choosing the right bicycle for yourself, complete protective equipment. And it is better to take a break every half an hour, drink more water, do enough stretching before riding and massage after, to avoid cramps, Achilles tendon inflammation, or various muscle injuries.
Myaree Sports Massage wishes everyone can riding in the beautiful spring in a happy mood and improving health.